Cusp-a point of transition, as from one historical period to the next;
the borders between the twelve astrological signs.
You are considered to be "on the cusp" if you were born
within a day or two of the beginning or end of any sign.

The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak, 1863; Albert Bierstadt


02 October 2010

Memorial of the Guardian Angels; Birthday of Gandhi

Readings of the Day


See that you do not despise one of these little ones,  for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.
Matthew 18:10

From Christian Prayer

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and heed his voice.
Exodus 23:20-21a

God our Father,
in your loving providence
you send you holy angels to watch over us.
Hear our prayers,
defend us always by their protection
and let us share your life with them for ever.

Prayer to one's guardian angel:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,

To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.




Born 2 October 1869; assassinated 30 January 1948.



  • A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.

  • An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

  • I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him. I am prepared to sacrifice the things dearest to me in pursuit of this quest. Even if the sacrifice demanded by very life, I hope I may be prepared to give it.


  • It is easy enough to say, “I do not believe in God”. For God permits all things to be said of Him with impunity. He looks at our acts. And any breach of His Law carries with it, not its vindictive, but it purifying, compelling punishment.


  • A clean confession combined with a promise never to commit the sin again, when offered before one who has the right to receive it, is the purest type of repentance.






  • Of all the animal creations of God, man is the only animal who has been created in order that he may know his Maker. Man’s aim is life is not therefore to add from day to day to his material prospects and to his material possessions, but his predominant calling is, from day to day to come nearer to his own Maker.


Seven Social Sins


  • Wealth without Work


  • Pleasure without Conscience


  • Science without Humanity


  • Knowledge without Character


  • Politics without Principle


  • Commerce without Morality


  • Worship without Sacrifice






No comments: