Cusp-a point of transition, as from one historical period to the next;
the borders between the twelve astrological signs.
You are considered to be "on the cusp" if you were born
within a day or two of the beginning or end of any sign.

The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak, 1863; Albert Bierstadt


09 November 2010

Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome

Readings of the Day


 
Lateran Basilica in Rome

The anniversary of the dedication of the Lateran Basilica has been observed on this day since the 12th century. This is the cathedral church of the Bishop of Rome and as such is considered the mother church of Christendom. The principle title of the church is "Christ the Savior" and the co-title is that of Saint John the Baptist, and Saint John the Evangelist.

Psalm 5:8
But I through the greatness of your love

have access to your house.
I bow down before your holy temple,
filled with awe.

Psalm 11:4
The Lord is in his holy temple,

the Lord, whose throne is in heaven.
His eyes look down on the world;
his gaze tests mortal men.

Psalm 138:1-2
I thank you, Lord, with all my heart,

you have heard the words of my mouth.
In the presence of the angels I will bless you.
I will adore before your holy temple.

No comments: