Cusp-a point of transition, as from one historical period to the next;
the borders between the twelve astrological signs.
You are considered to be "on the cusp" if you were born
within a day or two of the beginning or end of any sign.

The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak, 1863; Albert Bierstadt


15 August 2011

Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Readings of the Day

Assumption of the Virgin, Michel Sittow, c 1500, National Gallery of Art.

Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,


cried out in a loud voice and said,

"Blessed are you among women,

and blessed is the fruit of your womb.


And Mary said:


"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my Savior

for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.

From this day all generations will call me blessed:

the Almighty has done great things for me

and holy is his Name.


Luke 1:41-42, 46-49

No comments: