Cusp-a point of transition, as from one historical period to the next;
the borders between the twelve astrological signs.
You are considered to be "on the cusp" if you were born
within a day or two of the beginning or end of any sign.

The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak, 1863; Albert Bierstadt


25 January 2011

Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul, the apostle

Readings of the Day


















Conversion of Paul of Tarsus,
Fresco by Michaelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni,

[1542 - 45], Cappella Paolina, Palazzi Pontifici Vatican.

On that journey as I drew near to Damascus,

about noon a great light from the sky suddenly shone around me.
I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me,
‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’
I replied, ‘Who are you, sir?’
And he said to me,
‘I am Jesus the Nazorean whom you are persecuting.
                                                                                         Acts 22:6-8

No comments: